Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Wednesday 15 June 2016

Caravan Holiday

We had a caravan a bit like this in our garden when I was very young!
We just played in it as a playhouse.

I just love this stamp from Lili of the Valley and is perfectly
 complemented, by the fabulous ribbon from Crafty Ribbons.

The pictures really don't show the 'real life' detail.
The stripes on the pink and white caravan even look 3D. 
The ribbon is called Caravan Ribbon and is in the 
Grosgrain Summer Festival section. 


I stamped the image onto Langton Watercolour Very Smooth 300gsm card and
coloured with Distress Inks.

You can see the amazing detail on the ribbon a bit better on the picture below.


The background paper is actually a map of France I used for a trip,
when I was in my early 20's. I drove my rather 'special MG', 
to Rome and back with a friend.

It was 'Special', because the guy I bought it from, had rebuilt the engine
to race it. The engine was so big and powerful, that he had to have
a special bonnet made to get it over the engine. 
It was a similar design as an E-Type Jag. 
It was white with a big black band down it and sunken headlights. 

A great fun car!! I loved driving it around London where I lived.


If you pop over to Crafty Ribbons shop, you will find some fantastic ribbons.
There are even ribbons with Camper Vans, Diggers and even 
 London Buses and soldiers

I love wandering through all the sections, looking at ribbons 
I have never seen before. Lovely to stroke and keep!!
Amazing buttons too. Fantastic designs.

I hope my card has inspired you to visit Crafty Ribbons shop.
Thanks for stopping by 
and leaving me your lovely messages.
You know I love to read them.

Big hugs,
Carol xxxx


9 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

Super card Carol. I love the idea of using a real map.

Carole said...

Fabulous card Carol.....what divine ribbon and it goes so well with the stamp.
You sound as though you were quite the 'chick' when you drove your car to Rome!! Hope you are OK. Take care my friend . Hugs xx

Kath said...

A great card - love the caravans. Your road trip sounds like it was fun!
Kath x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow what a great post today and a fabulous card, lovely colouring and love the layout

Rainey's Craft Room said...

That's a beautiful stamp and great colouring and design on your card, gorgeous.
Lorraine

Stamping Bubbles said...

Love this card Carol, the stamp is such fun.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Carol..we used to go caravaning when I was a kid and loved it...I love the ribbon and fabulous colouring..

Luv CHRISSYxx

aussie aNNie said...

What a fabulous card, lovely image and lovely papers..xx
 {aNNie}

Lynsey said...

This is another wonderful card Carol! Love the caravan image, it looks great teamed with the gorgeous ribbon!
Hugs Lynsey x