Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Monday 14 March 2016

My Bestist Friend Retires!!

I must first thank you all for your lovely 'Get Well' messages.
You are such lovely people and it really means a lot to me.

A heath update. I collected yet another Script for Antibiotics this morning, Monday.
We are going to give it another week and if the pain has not gone by
 the end of this week, or the beginning of next week, he wants to see me.
He then has to figure out what it is!

One of my best, special friends retires today.
She was a Senior Nurse in day surgery, at the famous burns hospital,
The Queen Victoria Hospital in East Grinstead.

We have been friends for over 25 years and she is more like a sister to me.

She is coming up to stay with us for 4 days, at the end of March. 
I am so looking forward to seeing her again. 
We are going to meet up with another ex-nurse, from the same hospital.
She used to live in East Grinstead and moved up here in Suffolk 11 years ago.
She is now only half an hour away.

I used to do their hair for them and they hadn't known for a 
few years, that they had the same hairdresser!!

We are going out for lunch, so should be great fun!

I made this card for her as she very rarely spends time on herself.
I thought this might be a bit of a hint that she must now do so!


I made an easel card with one of my fave Stamping Bella stamps.
Coloured with Distress Inks.

I used Go Create Frilly 10 Square Die to cut out the image and mat.


The main backing paper is actually a Christmas paper pad from Trimcraft,
 called Silent Night. It has a shiny metallic effect to it but of course 
you can't see it!

You can't even see the Stickles on the bath or champagne bubbles.


Thanks to Carole, my new follower for taking the time to join my blog.
Of course I joined your amazing blog too.

Well off to finish cooking dinner, then back crafting later.

Shock....horror... I am going to post this card into 3...YES 3 Challenges!!!

The Ribbon Girls - Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday - Lace or ribbon
Crafty Calendar - Special Lady

Hugs,
Carol xxxx

16 comments:

Sarah said...

This is a fabulous card Carol and your friend is going to love it. Hope these abx work for you xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Gorgeous card. She will love it. Have a great time when they come up. Hope these antibiotics do the trick x

Judith said...

Such a lovely card Carol, i'm sure your friend will love it - and retirement!!- just been doing a quick catch up on your blog, I hope you'rr feeling much better now after your doctors and nurses have finished experimenting on you with tablets!! hugs Judith x

cats whiskers said...

Hi Carol your friend will love this, you have inspired me to order this stamp, great card, hun. Thanks for your comments
Hugs Jacs xx

Chrissy said...

You actually sound a bit better Carol and hope you keep on improving and have a wonderful time with your friend..Your card is gorgeous and what a way to pamper yourself..love the colours and fab image,Im sure your friend will love it..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Deb said...

Gorgeous card, love that image!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Debxx

Debs said...

This is beautiful Carol - love the image and the colour is stunning.
Your friend is sure to treasure it.
Debs xx

Diane said...

Such a lovely card and framing Carol. Sorry you are still not feeling well. Have a great time when your friend comes for a visit.

Hugs Diane

Carole Pollard said...

Thank you so much for this kind welcome. Your card is fabulous what a stunning stamp just perfect for your fiend Enjoy her visit bet there is lots of chat and catching up. love and hugs Carole x

Elise said...

Oh!!! I so love this special and STUNNING card you've made for your friend! She's going to love love love it and I hope you all have a most FABULOUS time together! You're so sweet Carol!!!

Big hugs,
Elise

downrightcrafty said...

such a beautiful card, love the colour and the image
hugs Kate xx

Little K Smith said...

Such a pretty card for your friend Carol, I love the image and soft colours :)
Kelly.x

Lynsey said...

Hi Carol, sorry to hear you have been poorly! I hope you are better now! I love your gorgeous card! I bet your friend will love it!
Hugs Lynsey x

Anne said...

Sorry to hear you've not been well Carol, I'm sure a lovely catch up with your friends will be a tonic! Love this card, the Uptown Girl stamps are my favourites and I don't use them nearly as often as I should.

Anne x

Sue said...

Wonderful card! so pretty thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar hugs Sue J x

Chris said...

Sorry to read you haven't been well and hope you feel better very soon. I love your card, what a great stamp and beautiful colouring too, I bet your friend loves it. Hope you have a great time together at the end of the month. Chris x