Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Sunday 15 February 2015

A New Timepiece

Hi all, hope you are having a lovely weekend.
 
I have been sorting out a couple of drawers in my craft room.
Probably will regret it, as I won't remember where I have moved stuff to!
Most drawers are sort of labelled!
 
Tomorrow, I have my Granddaughter for the day and
Tuesday I have my Grandson.
Half term holidays. So looking forward to a couple of fun days.
 
My Granddaughter has to make a Victorian item for school, as homework.
So we are going to make a clock like this one but with Victorian decoration.
 
For this one, I used a great template from House on Zandra.
It is very easy to put together.
It was for a decorative use only but I wanted to make a working one.
I had to alter parts of the middle section, to cover the clock movement.
Only because I didn't want to see them!
 
On the one we are making tomorrow,
I will make the cover a bit better than this one.
As I will completely change the middle section.
 
The Decorations on the outside are made with paper clay.
 

The window in the clock front has acetate in,
so you can see the decoration inside.


I used a Marianne Die for the fence and a Wild Rose Die for the
Butterfly flourishes.
The paper at the back was free from an old magazine.
The daisy flowers are from Artista paper clay, which I Bought at The Craft Barn.
The Bunny and wooden flowers are from Art Cuts.

 
I really enjoyed making this clock and looking forward to
doing another tomorrow.
Now I have worked out how to modify the template!
 
Just to update you on my EBosser. I spoke to a lovely lady at Create and Craft Customer Service.
She has arranged for it to be collected from me on Wednesday.
As the plates are sticking out the front, I had to find a suitable box to put it in.
My hubby went to a pet shop nearby, Pets At Home. 
They were very helpful and unpacked
 a Gerbil Hotel Cage and gave him the box!! A perfect fit!!
 
I am now going to do the dreaded ironing!! Not my favourite job!
 
Thanks for stopping by. I love visiting your blogs and
I always leave a message.
 
So reading your lovely comments, gives me a lift too.
It's always nice to see who has been.
It's just a shame that all visitors don't take the time to just even say Hi!
We always will return the compliment.
It's a great way to meet new crafting friends too.
 
Hugs,
Carol xx

18 comments:

Shelly said...

Hi Carol, what a delightful clock, very pretty indeed! I'm sure your granddaughter will love to make one like this! Hope the ironing wasn't too much bother, I did mine earlier but hubby is a great ironer and did a good part for me! Hugs xx

Chrissy said...

WOW! Carol.. I love your clock..how beautiful.You and your granddaughter will have so much fun together making another. I love the window box down the bottom and it has such an elegant design to it...gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

A very gorgeous clock love your dcoration.
Have fun with your Grandchildren

Jacee said...

What a wonderful project, great work, love it!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Marie-Louise said...

Fantastic project Carol. Really lovely.

Sue - said...

Very pretty clock! Enjoy your time with the grandchildren!

Sarah said...

This is a work of art Carol!! The scene is wonderful and adds such brilliant interest, gorgeous colours too. Have fun with your Grandchildren xx

Diane said...

Morning Carol, oh my gosh this is just stunning, what a wonderful idea. I straightened out my craft items the other day and of course now I can't find a thing.

Hugs diane

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is so saeet and so clever, have fun tomorrow. Seem to have missed the ebosser problem but glad you have it sorted. I am sticking to my bigshot x

Carole C. said...

Hi Carol your clock is gorgeous. I wish I had the patience to make something like it!!
I imagine your granddaughter will really enjoy doing her one as I know how creative she is too. Enjoy.
Carole x

Carole said...

OH you clever lady! This is a wonderful creation and useful too! I am sure you will create another masterpiece with your granddaughter...do show us.I wouldn't know where to start.........oh to have a Grandma like you!! Hugs xx

Pop's Cards said...

Stunning creation, love the colours too, hugs Pops x x x

Louise said...

Oh this is just gorgeous Carol. What a clever make! I hope that you and your granddaughter had lots of fun making another one. Crafty hugs x

Lynsey said...

Wow Carol this is a stunning piece of work! You are so clever to turn it into a working clock, I wouldn't know where to start! All the details are so pretty!
Hugs Lynsey

Elise said...

O-M-G!!! Wow wow wow Carol! This is AMAZING!!! I'm sat here staring at this .. wowwwwwwwww! You are so clever! And i know you and your Granddaughter will have so much fun making another one for her school! I truly do love this!!!!!!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Louise said...

Wonderful creation Carol and love the cute scene
Louise xx

aussie aNNie said...

Hi my lovely....me be bad...missed this one but gee life sux at times lol...got your email and will respond during the week...LOVE this and I think I need to have it.xxxx

aussie aNNie said...

Are these template downloadable Carol? When I go to checkout it charges me a delivery fee...xxx