Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Tuesday 17 December 2013

Mannequin No: 2


Hi to all my lovelies,
 
This is my other Mannequin I mentioned in my last posting. It is very different from the last one, much more girly.
 

I found some tissue paper that I had been playing with, in my stash. I had sprayed it with my Cosmic shimmer Mica sprays. I am guessing at the colours I used as, a teal colour and pearlescent.
 
I then stamped it with an old Penny Black Flower stamp, using Picked Raspberry DI. I tore the tissue into small pieces and using IndigoBlu Slap It On, I covered the form with the tissue. When dry, I stamped swirls using Flitter Glu and applied some silver Flitter Flakes on top.
 
I made a small necklace, using beads from my stash and glued it to the back, to hold it in place. I then attached a piece of lace, topped with a piece of ribbon with dangly beads on it, around the bottom.
 

I found the piece of cord with a tassel on each end, in my odds and sods box. I know we have all got one! Couldn't believe my luck, as the colour matched perfectly!
 
I made the flower from a Woodware large flower punch. I found this very strange piece of paper in my pink paper box. Goodness knows where it came from. It has a very strange texture to it but the colour was perfect. I just added a bit of the DI around the edges. I was quite pleased with it, as when made, it looked more like fabric.
 
 
The top is a door knob that I bought, when we updated the kitchen at our last house. We were selling the house and wanted to tart up the aged kitchen! As you do!! The butterfly is a Mariannes die set. 


The leaves in the bottom picture, are a set I bought in a sale, Dees Distinctively.  
 
I really enjoyed making these mannequins. Very different and fun to do. I have another 3 of them to do but will save them for next month.
 
I am still clearing up my craft room, from all the Christmas clutter. I have put some away but still a couple of boxes on the floor yet to do.
 
I have bought some new Sizzix flower dies. They are amazing. Everybody I have shown the flowers to, thought they were real. I will put them in my next post.
 
I am Christmas shopping tomorrow with my husband in tow! Well you do need someone to carry the bags! Just got the last few pressies to get. I hope the weather is at least dry, unlike the last few days here. Rain and then more rain!
 
Well I am off to cook dinner. I missed lunch, so getting a bit hungry now.
 
Thanks for stopping by and leaving your friendly messages.
 
Hugs,
 
Carol S.xx

7 comments:

Chrissy said...

This one is girly Carol and just gorgeous..love the crystals around the hem and the flower is beautiful as is the butterfly...so very pretty and love the shimmer..

luv CHRISSYxx

Pop's Cards said...

This is so gorgeous sweetie, love the colours too, hugs Pops x x x

Elise said...

Oh my goodness Carol! This is GORGEOUS! How clever you are! This is a BEAUTIFUL project!

Warm Hugs,
Elise

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Hi Carol, just catching up with your latest posts. Love both these beautiful mannequins, very inventively decorated. Both different and lovely, this one is my fave, such rich colours. Look forward to seeing more of these x

Louise said...

Your mannequin looks amazing!
Hope you have a lovely Christmas xx

Heike said...

A great project. So eye-catching and decorative.
Heike xx

Shelly said...

Hi Carol! Oh what lovely mannequins... I love them both! Such a sweet and original idea, so pretty, and perfect as gifts! Hope you have a lovely Christmas, and Best Wishes for 2014! hugs xx