Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Tuesday 7 August 2012

It's Done!


Hi Bloggers,

To say I am shattered is putting it mildly. It took me and a friends son, two and a half days, to take up and replace properly, two footpaths in my garden. I had to level the ground and then put the slabs down on a dry mix of sand and cement. All 35 of them! Then I cut the membrane to fit around the slabs and finally David put the gravel on around the slabs. On the first day we did a whole path but the second was a lot longer in length and took a day and a half. We were also rained on a few times, which gave us an excuse to watch a bit of the Olympics!

On the afternoon of the half day, another of my friends and her husband came over, to take away all the unwanted earth and grass turfs. So I spent the afternoon pushing a barrow full of earth the length of my back garden, 108', the length of my house and the length of my front garden, about 40' to the road, where the trailer was. I am sure my arms are now a bit longer than they were! It was very kind of them to take it away to use on their land, as it was much cheaper and easier than getting a skip.

I then went over the patio, taking out the bad lumpy bits and relaying the membrane flat. I also have planted some plants in the gravel, so it looks less like a beach!

I was going to do this post this morning but as I was sitting here at the computer, there was an almighty crash in my sitting room. I ran in to find the huge mirror over the fireplace had crashed to the floor. Glass was everywhere and a few items on the fireplace had been broken.

I wonder if the bad luck I have just had with the garden, will come off the 7 years of bad luck!!

This is a card I have just made for stock. I love this Little Claire stamp and I haven't used it for a while. I coloured it with a mixture of Copics and Promarkers.
The sentiment is also from a set of Little Claire stamps. For the gold dots I used the Cosmic Shimmer gold glue.

For the leaves I used a die from Cheery Lynn Designs and Prima flowers from my stash.

 I sprinkled a little Star Dust Stickles around here and there.
Hope you like what you see and thanks for stopping by.
Hugs,
Carol S.xx

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Gosh Carol.... what a day you have had, all that hard work and a shattered mirror too.
Your card is so sweet, I do like 'little claire' images.
Hugs
Sandra x

Unknown said...

Wow Carole I love your card its fabulous , You have been busy ....what are you like lifting heavy flags , you must be worn out by now . Have a nice rest this afternoon you have earned it Hugs Elaine