Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Tuesday 20 September 2011

Winter Birthday

Hi All,

It will not be long before our trees look like this one. There was quite a chill in the air this morning.

I am going with 4 friends to Alexandra Palace on Saturday. A girlie crafty day out!Lol! My shopping list is getting longer by the day.

This card I made, using a piece on my treasured paper, from my Tim Holtz Distress Ink Paper Pad. I used one of the square pieces as the background, which I edged with Pumice Stone Distress Ink.



The band across the middle was the little piece I had to cut off to fit in onto my card blank. I stuck it to a scrap piece of black card. I don't like to waste my paper.Lol!!

I coloured a piece of white card with Stormy Sky distress Ink. I stamped the tree from the Back to Nature set of Andy Skinner stamps, which I bought from The Craft Barn in Lingfield Surrey, using Versamark and Disco black embossing powder.

For the gold edge, I ran the Versamark around all the edges very roughly, to get an uneven effect. I then dipped the card into Gold embossing powder and carefully used my heat gun, trying to avoid the tree. The 'photo strip' is from the same set of stamps. Along with an amazing flight of birds, various foliage stamps and a lovely sentiment. Very good value.Why are men so difficult to make cards for?! I quite often resort to trees if they have no hobby or interest. At least my son is football mad and it is also his job.
I hope you like my card and thank you very much for stopping by.

Luv,
Carol S.xx


3 comments:

Jessica said...

OMG Carol - it's fab. Spooky too - I made a card last week for my new DT doing exactly the same around the edges with the gold!!! Great minds really do think alike. Jxx

Louise said...

Its gorgeous, Carol xx

HelenR said...

great card Carol! Helen R :) x