Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Miniature Fusion

Hi everyone,



Well boy did it rain today!! And as for the wind, I was a bit nervous looking at the big Oak tree at the bottom of my garden. It was and still is really swaying!! I did wonder how the Squirrels are, as we have two nests in the tree. Do they get sea sick I wonder!!Lol!

These are two items I have made for my stall on Friday. Anyone who has bought the Daisy Fusion stamps from Sheena Douglas, like me, did you wonder what to do with the small daisy stamps?!

Well this little round wooden box is only 3" across and 4" high. I painted the lid with Ivory coloured Emulsion paint. I then stamped around the edge of the lid, using the small Wreath stamp from Sheenas' Christmas stamps. I then over stamped with the small Daisy stamps. I used a small round headed brush to apply the paint to the flowers. I also used a wash of Burnt Umber Acrylic paint on the twigs of the wreath. For the leaves I used a very small flat brush.


For the sides of the base, I first painted a base coat of Gold Acrylic paint. I dried it with my heat gun for speed. I then applied a coat of PVA glue and before it dried, I painted it over with Ivory Emulsion. I used my heat gun to crackle the top coat.
The square box I did the same as the round box but also did the crackle paint effect on the lid. However, I did not use the Wreath stamp.

The little heart on the lid is also wood, which I painted with the gold Acrylic paint. I also used the same Gold paint on the inside of the box.
I hope it is not too windy on Friday, as I have to get all my craft goodies into the hall where the market is.
I am also supposed to be having worktops with shelves under, put in my craft room on Friday or Saturday. I can't wait, so I can finally get my room just as I really want it. Tidy!! Well tidyish! It is the Virgo in me!

Thanks for stopping by.

Luv,
Carol S. xx

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Beautiful Carol - lovely crackle effects and I'm sure the daisies will be extremely popular. Jxx

Jen said...

Your fusion products are amazing. I'm just learning and hope one day my projects turn out half as good as yours - they're amazing. Good luck with your stall xx

Sandra said...

Fabulous!!
Hugs
Sandra x