Data Protectionand Privacy Policy

Tuesday 13 September 2011

Butterflies Galore

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted for a bit, as my craft room has been undergoing a complete refurb. I emptied the room last Thursday, including my computer. I was shocked with the amount of stuff I have!Lol!! Well I pretended to be shocked!! I was able to stroke things I had forgotten I had.

The fitters started at 9am on Friday and they were finished by 2.30pm. The transformation is amazing. However, it took me 3 days to get everything back in the room. I labelled most things but still have a few boxes to do.

This mirror is for a neighbour. She saw my Fairy mirror and asked me to make a butterfly one, for her Grand-daughter's 5th birthday. She can never find anything with her name on, so wanted it on as well.





Her favourite colours are pink and purple. Do you think I filled my brief?!


I used a combination of different techniques. A crackle background with Acrylic paints, PVA and Emulsion Paint. Paint Fusion with the Ivy and the Lavender. Stamped Butterflies coloured with Distress Inks.


The flower is a Nestie paper circle, cut into a spiral, screwed up and rolled around on itself. I squashed it and glued it as I rolled my way to the end and stuck it to a piece of green florist wire.

The letters are chipboard ones from my stash and coloured with Copics. I then inked them with Versamark and embossed them with clear embossing powder. I did this twice to get a smooth finish.

The grasses at the bottom, I painted with Acrylic paint. I found some silk grasses when I cleared my room. I cut some into different lengths and stuck them over the painted ones. This gave a bit of depth to the background.
The Butterflies had a bit of Stickles on their wings and bodies.



Hopefully she will like it.
I must now make some more Christmas cards. I have so many different things to make, I get a bit distracted! Not hard really!!
Thanks for visiting and your lovely comments brighten my days. Always appreciated.
Luv
,

Carol S.xx

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow Carol - it's beautiful. What a super gift - I'm sure your neighbour's Grand-daughter will love it - I know I would!!! Jxx

The Little Stamper said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Carol. I am sure it will be treasured and something tells me that you may be getting a few more orders!

Sharon x